4H_MIDDLESEX-L  July 2015

4H_MIDDLESEX-L July 2015

4-H Fair Information

Tue, 28 Jul 2015 12:05:51 -0400

text/plain

This is going to the New Haven & 4-H Fair Distribution Lists:

1.       THANK YOU to everyone who came out the past few days to help get their Fair ready to go – people who came on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday to sweep and blow out the debris and everyone stepping up yesterday to clean and set up pens, move tables, unload trailers, cars, sweep floors, put up signs, and everything.  We are set to go and you all did a great job.

2.       If you are on FB – make sure you check out the Middlesex & New Haven page, post photos to it and share postings on your page.  The more we can et it out there the better.  We are trying to post something every day with a count down.

3.       Still looking for volunteers to help out with gates -
http://signupschedule.com/btd1026

4.       Also, Are you 18 years old or older? Want to be up close to the action?  Contact Coordinators of Mechanical Pulls (Albert Hawkes) and Livestock (Rachel Strillacci) to see about working on the pulls pit crew..... there may even be a tee shirt in the deal for you

5.       Don’t forget – you can come to the fairgrounds on Wednesday night from 6:00 pm to 8:30 to turn in record book forms and get your arm bands and enter non-perishable items.  Miss the rush on Friday afternoon.

6.       Registration table will be open at noon on Friday for turning in record books and getting wrist bands ONLY.  Home arts entries starts at 1:pm and closes at 6:00 so judging can start.  Managers, officers and superintendents should enter before 2 pm so they can be available to help with the general entries starting at 2 pm.

7.       We will be sending out a sign up list for volunteers to work in the 4-H Fair Headquarters area.  This area will consist of table and chairs under a pop-up at the base of Canfield across from the Middlesex 4-H Advisory Booth.  We will be giving out fair programs and scavenger hunt information as well as answering general questions.  A small DAFA ticket booth building will be located in the same area for the sound system and to house other important stuff for the fair.  A third area the entire association is responsible for will be the Bounce House and Scavenger Hunt turn in area which will be put in the area facing the home arts building (where handicapped parking was last year).  Please contact Peg for more info or to volunteer.

8.      Please consider submitting a few of your favorite 4-H Fair photos for a chance to have them included in the 2016 Middlesex & New Haven County 4-H Fair Book!  All you need to do is submit a copy of your image, along with your name (so we can credit the photograph) to: [log in to unmask]

9.       The marketing merchandise tote is missing from the Haddam office basement.  If you are in possession of this tote could you let us know right away?  It was there a few weeks ago.  I believe it is green and black, large, Rubbermaid type. Thanks!

10.   Haddie Walters, Coordinator of Special Contests, is working hard to create opportunities to have FUN this week.  She has posted information One will be am Over the Clover showmanship contest – competing will be yours truly Peggy and other yours truly Emily.  Should be interesting.

11.   Reminder that we are still looking for both adult volunteers for The Middlesex County 4-H Advisory 4-H Fair Food Booth and donations of 12oz canned or bottled beverages, by the 12 pack.  You can donate anything you like, water, ice tea, soda, seltzer, sports drinks (just no energy drinks)
AND
The New Haven Silent Auction is looking for donations (new goods or services) as well as people to come out and bid.

Please email Ruth Naples  [log in to unmask]  if you are willing to work at the food booth and see Peggy with auction items. Thanks in advance for your donation.  100% of the beverage profit goes directly to county programing in Middlesex County and auction supports 4-H in New Haven County.

j**Attention Clubs**
If you plan to enter a booth in the kids barn, please email the home arts coordinator Kate Yale ([log in to unmask]) to let her know what kind of space you will need. Also let her know if you need a table. Remember to fill out a yellow slip for the booth and check it into home arts on Wednesday or Friday. It is not too late to organize a booth!