Fw: Update on Response to COVID-19

"Snyder, Marianne" <[log in to unmask]>

Snyder, Marianne

Tue, 10 Mar 2020 15:38:56 +0000

text/plain

This email is being sent on behalf of Dr. Angela Starkweather:

Dear Students of UConn School of Nursing, the School of Nursing is keeping updated on the exposure risks of COVID-19 with plans for alternative arrangements for attending class or clinicals if needed. As we know, healthcare workers are at increased risk of exposure and our goal is to use the best evidence to avoid exposure risks while minimizing disruptions to your education.

We want you to be aware that the School of Nursing is keeping in close contact with our clinical partners and the Connecticut Department of Health regarding updates on COVID-19. Plans for alternative arrangements will be implemented by your professors should they be needed.

If you experience fever and symptoms of respiratory illness (cough and shortness of breath) or have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19, refrain from going into public places and call your healthcare provider to determine whether you need to be tested. The Connecticut Department of Health is monitoring all suspected cases of COVID-19 and will issue precautions to reduce exposures. Finally, as we are nearing spring break, please keep in mind the precautions to take when traveling that are detailed on the CDC's website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html<https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fabout%2Fprevention-treatment.html&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cdaa924964b4442f4ba9408d7c5092549%7C17f1a87e2a254eaab9df9d439034b080%7C0%7C0%7C637194515369744798&sdata=oMFFk8gABj7aKit4MSqRlO1RdEwd4eg%2FZ5DHvS4078I%3D&reserved=0> .

It is important for you to know that our clinical partners have indicated that travel outside of CT at this time will likely lead to a 14-day quarantine from your clinical site. If you choose to travel over spring break it is likely to have ramifications on your completion of clinical hours. Please consider your decision very carefully.

Thank you for your continued diligence in helping to reduce the spread of infectious illnesses such as influenza and COVID-19. The University of Connecticut and UConn School of Nursing will continue to provide updates on information regarding COVID-19 and any actions that need to be taken for the health and safety of each individual and our community, Associate Dean Starkweather

Sincerely,
Mimi Snyder PhD, MSN, RN
She/Her/Hers
Director, CEIN/BS Accelerated and Traditional Undergraduate Programs
Office: (860) 486-5261 Fax: (860) 486-0001
https://nursing.uconn.edu<https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fnursing.uconn.edu%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cdaa924964b4442f4ba9408d7c5092549%7C17f1a87e2a254eaab9df9d439034b080%7C0%7C0%7C637194515369744798&sdata=vpEjrBOjwsSAqvcJEKYs3ziZcQWp4fonLG8SfVLcukE%3D&reserved=0>