]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

CEIN20-L Home

CEIN20-L  November 2020

CEIN20-L November 2020

Uighur Awareness Student Art Competition

"Vigneau, Judy" <[log in to unmask]>

Vigneau, Judy

Sun, 1 Nov 2020 17:43:41 +0000

text/plain

This is being forwarded on behalf of the secretary of UConn's Muslim Student Association:

My name is Khaleel Rahman and I am the secretary of UConn's Muslim Student Association. The UConn MSA is holding a campus wide art contest to raise awareness for the Uighur genocide. Millions of muslims are being detained, tortured and forced into labor in concentration camps in China simply because of their religion. Some Uighurs are even being forced to serve as test subjects for coronavirus vaccine trials. It is the responsibility of all current and aspiring researchers and clinicians to stand against the unethical practice of science. This is the largest human rights abuse and instance of religious persecution since the Holocaust. Through this contest we hope to raise student awareness about the crisis, and to create emotionally resonant and informative artwork that celebrates Uighur cultures and brings attention to these human rights violations.

This contest is open to all UConn students, including graduate students. Students can submit any type of art of any length whether it be video, painting, creative writing, music, etc. There will be a $50 cash prize as well as Uighur themed merchandise for the winners. It is completely free to participate. Submissions are due on Sunday, November 15th at midnight and must be uploaded to this google form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf0Pe-KqFwqhf15xrIrR0loGdzwDIoOsqT5VfGTCfYdLxa53w/viewform<https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fforms%2Fd%2Fe%2F1FAIpQLSf0Pe-KqFwqhf15xrIrR0loGdzwDIoOsqT5VfGTCfYdLxa53w%2Fviewform&data=04%7C01%7C%7C6cff4e0bdf0e46b4566508d87e8dac27%7C17f1a87e2a254eaab9df9d439034b080%7C0%7C0%7C637398494222433314%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=mUSAHHyQ%2F01KX%2Fkqufa9fyWndJWnEuU5%2FnlnULGeGfY%3D&reserved=0>. The full list of rules is also in the google form. We would really appreciate if you could share this information about the contest with your students to help raise awareness about the Uighur genocide. If you or your students have any questions about the contest, you can email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
Best,
Khaleel Rahman