He is running IE10 and I’m running Flex Viewer 3.5.

The flash file that would not be cleared was related to the eSearch Widget fixed datagrid swf file because Mr. Sheitlin does not intend it to be used in the app builder, only the API. I did get it to work, but it does not automatically overwrite that swf file, so I have to manually copy it over. On the last update, I forgot to manually copy it over, but had no idea that it would cause an issue like this (combined with whatever browser setting on the client computer). A few people responded with some browser setting suggestions if the issue creeps up again. IT decided to go nuclear in this case and I took the blame.

But good guess, Meg. We actually tried that suggestion and found that after re-routing the encryptions, the wheel jammed and the hamsters went on strike and clogged up the plasma conduits. They were breeding like tribbles in there and we had to bribe them with leftover cranberry sauce. Strange that with all this technology, at the end of the day, you still have to rely on humans hamsters.

Nick

From: Unmoderated discussion list for Connecticut GIS Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of scott.sharlow
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2013 3:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CTGIS-L] Flex Viewer App Puzzler

Seeing that recreating the profile fixed it, doesnt seem like a server issue.  I would be interested in which browser and version and the version of the flex viewer.  Wondering if the cache is stored in a different location with newer flash and clearing the cache didn't really clear it all out.

Scott Sharlow

IT/GIS Director

Town of Newtown, CT