A Look At Homelessness in Connecticut

WNPR News – Where We Live

By Catie Talarski, Tucker Ives and John Dankosky

“Invisible” is often a term used for homeless youth who fall through the cracks, who lack support and resources. Often, these young people are from minority groups, or are LGBT. Many come out of the foster or juvenile justice system. Fifty percent of them do not have a high school diploma.

It’s a sad story, and one that is hard to quantify, because there are few hard numbers on how many young people are on the streets.

This hour, we talk about a new report by the Partnership for Strong Communities, “Invisible No More: Creating Opportunities for Youth Who Are Homeless.” They interviewed nearly one hundred homeless youth across the state. We’ll find out what they learned.

Read more here: http://wnpr.org/post/look-homelessness-connecticut