Dear all,

Please join us for the last talk for this semester.

As for social activities, there will be dinners with the speaker both on Thursday
and on Friday (perhaps also lunch),  and if you're interested please contact
Masha.

Best,

Iddo

--
Title: Bakry-Emery meet Villani
Speaker: Fabrice Baudoin (Purude)

Abstract: We study gradient bounds for solutions of degenerate Fokker-Planck
equations on manifolds, including as a special case, the celebrated kinetic
Fokker-Planck equation. Our method generalizes to degenerate hypoelliptic
operators the Bakry-Emery's approach and allows to recover and strengthen
hypocoercive estimates obtained by Villani.