Dear GISers,

I have merged 21 GeoTIFF images using GDAL utilities. Each image is the result of merging 500 smaller tiles. I am using ImageMosaic in Geoserver 2.4.3 but I am getting a mosaic that contains white lines and distortions. The lines and distortions become smaller and finer when zooming in (Please take a look at the attached screen shots).

What could be the reason behind having those white lines?

The commands that I used are:
gdalbuildvrt -srcnodata 255 -vrtnodata 255 -a_srs EPSG:27700 -input_file_list tiff_list.txt mosaic.vrt

gdal_translate -of GTiff -co TILED=YES -co BIGTIFF=YES -co COMPRESS=JPEG -co JPEG_QUALITY=80 -co BLOCKXSIZE=512 -co BLOCKYSIZE=512 -co PHOTOMETRIC=YCBCR mosaic.vrt mosaic.tif

gdaladdo mosaic.tif -r average --config COMPRESS_OVERVIEW JPEG --config JPEG_QUALITY_OVERVIEW 60 --config INTERLEAVE_OVERVIEW PIXEL --config PHOTOMETRIC_OVERVIEW YCBCR 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256 512

Thank you very much
Best regards,

Ammar Shaarbaf

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove yourself by going to http://listserv.uconn.edu/ctgis-l.html