This is really cool.  The first part covers the basics, but wait for the end (the future).

http://youtu.be/7pVPmmwSeJQ

Published on Feb 4, 2014

We're all familiar with satellite imagery, but what we might now know is that much of it is out of date. That's because satellites are big and expensive, so there aren't that many of them up in space. As he explains in this fascinating talk, Dan Berkenstock and his team came up with a different solution, designing a cheap, lightweight satellite with a radically new approach to photographing what's going on on Earth.

This list (CTGIS-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all CT GIS
Users.

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove
yourself by going to http://listserv.uconn.edu/ctgis-l.html