From: Unmoderated discussion list for Connecticut GIS Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Czaja, Daniel
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 1:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CTGIS-L] GISP geocoding fun

If any CT GISPs out there want something fun to do on this snowy day, go to the GISP website (http://www.gisci.org/) and see where they geocoded you to.  It looks like for some people the zero was dropped from the zip code, which leads to some interesting results.  For me, I am in Bulgaria.

Thanks to my co-worker Bryan Pavlik for discovering this.  I would say thank you to him in person, but he is apparently in Belgium according to the map. J

Dan

Daniel Czaja, GISP
GIS Coordinator
State of Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection

Division of Statewide Emergency Telecommunications
1111 Country Club Road
Middletown, CT  06457-9294

Phone: 860.685.8131
Fax: 860.685.8363

"I was wondering, does this mean the popularity of the group is waning?  Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no. No, no, not at all.  I just think that... that their appeal is becoming more selective."- This is Spinal Tap

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove yourself by going to http://listserv.uconn.edu/ctgis-l.html