I apologize for messing this up.

Seminar is TOMORROW, Friday Feb 27 at 3:00PM in 109A.
Speaker is Harry Crane from Rutgers.

Hope to see you,

Iddo.

Title: Markov processes on set partitions

Friday, February 28, 2014 3:00 pm
MSB 109A

We discuss a general class of partition-valued Markov processes whose behavior
we can describe precisely. Specifically, we give a Levy-Ito representation for
exchangeable Feller processes on the space of infinite k-colorings. In discrete-
time, we can represent the evolution of these processes by a product of
independent, identically distributed stochastic matrices. We use this
representation to show the cut-off phenomenon for some Markov chains in this
class.