All are welcome to attend this free day-long event on Tuesday in
Narragansett, RI.

RSVP required.  More info below.  We apologize for the short notice.
 - Shane

Shane D. White, GISP | RIGIS Coordinator | T: +1.401.222-6483 |
[log in to unmask] | http://www.edc.uri.edu/rigis
State of RI, Dept of Admin, Div of Planning | 1 Capitol Hl 3rd Fl |
Providence, RI 02908-5872 | 41.833, -71.416
RIGISNews http://rigisnews.blogspot.com, RIGIS Event Calendar
http://www.edc.uri.edu/rigis/about/calendar.html,
Twitter @RIGIS http://twitter.com/rigis, LinkedIn
http://www.linkedin.com/in/shanewhitegis
Board Member: NSGIC http://www.nsgic.org>>> Greg Bonynge
<[log in to unmask]> 4/22/2014 12:47 PM >>>
RIGIS-L,

I’m excited to share a last minute invitation with you to attend an
event that’s being held next Tuesday at the University of Rhode Island's
Narragansett Bay Campus!

The URI Coastal Institute and the Rhode Island Emergency Management
Agency teamed up with RIGIS to build a day-long science forum titled
“The Role of GIS in Emergency Management.”  This forum’s intended to
kindle a fresh discussion for how the use of GIS may be further
encouraged and fostered within our state’s emergency management
community.

The forum features three primary speakers representing the National
Park Service (Mark Christiano), City of New York Fire Department (Capt.
Steven Pollackov), and the State of Maine (Christopher Kroot).  An
intense hour-long lightning talk round will lead off the afternoon, with
ten speakers sharing experiences and resources that will plant even more
ideas for the following small group discussions.

This day-long event is free, and a box lunch will be provided.  Parking
is also free and plentiful, no permit necessary.

If you’re interested in learning more, please drop by
http://www.edc.uri.edu/extension/events/GISandEM to review the latest
agenda and register.

There are a number of seats still available, but registration is capped
at 100.  ***Online registration is open until noon this Friday, 4/25.***
 (Walk-ins will also be accepted as space permits, but you’ll probably
be on your own for lunch.)

Questions?  Just drop me an email.

- Greg

--