On 4/17/2014 10:40 PM, Tanesia Beverly wrote:
> You are invited to participate in a study investigating the perceptions a=
> nd
> attitudes about standardized test taking ability.

What I have noticed is that more and more folks are posting requests on
the internet for "volunteers" to participate in some kind of a research
study (usually a survey).  To me this is not a good way to define and
obtain a sample ... though it appears to be a fairly easy one. My
question is ... let's say the researcher gets n=87 to respond .... WHAT
IS THE POPULATION TO WHICH THESE RESULTS (whatever they are) CAN BE
GENERALIZED?

Educational Research and Methodology Listserv