Regional Campus Walk-In Travel Signatures and Advising: APRIL 2014

Graduate Business Learning Center*, Friday, April 11th

*Open only to School of Business students with key card access to 3rd floor

9 am to 12 pm, Room 310:  Walk-In Travel Signatures + MS FRM program new I-20 pick-up

Students who will travel outside the U.S. this summer need to make sure they have a valid travel signature on page 3 of their most recent Form I-20. Once signed by a DSO, a travel signature is valid for 12 months or the date you will complete your program, whichever comes first (6 months for students on post-completion OPT). During Walk-In Travel Signature hours you can get a travel signature from ISSS on the spot. If you already have a travel signature on your most recently issued Form I-20 that will be valid as of your return date to the U.S., you do NOT have to get a new travel signature at this time.

Students who need a travel signature must bring ALL of the following completed documents to get the travel signature:

-Most recently issued Form I-20

-Complete ISSS 117 Travel Signature Request Form (complete only the first page) http://global.uconn.edu/files/2014/01/ISSS_117_Travel_Advisory.pdf

-Full Time Enrollment Verification: This enrollment verification must show your enrollment for all semesters you studied at UConn. To get this you can call the Registrar in Storrs and ask if they can mail this to you- 860-486-3331 (preferred) or you may also be able to self-print an enrollment certification through Student Admin: http://registrar.uconn.edu/verification_students.htm

MS FRM Students: Your Form I-20 has been updated to reflect a new CIP code. I will be bringing the new forms to GBLC. Please try to pick these up during the walk-in travel signature hours. Students who will travel during the summer outside the U.S. must get the travel signature on this Form I-20.

12:00 pm – 4 pm: Appointments for individual students. If you need an appointment you must register online through www.icworkshops.uconn.edu > view available events > Hartford GBLC International Advising.

Stamford Campus, Tuesday, April 15th

10 am to 12 pm, Room 106:  Walk-In Travel Signatures + MS FRM program new I-20 pick-up

Students/scholars who will travel outside the U.S. this summer need to make sure they have a valid travel signature on page 3 of their most recent Form I-20 or on the bottom right corner of the DS-2019. Once signed by a DSO/ARO, a travel signature is valid for 12 months or the date you will complete your program, whichever comes first (6 months for students on post-completion OPT and Short Term Scholars). During Walk-In Travel Signature hours you can get a travel signature from ISSS on the spot. If you already have a travel signature on your most recently issued Form I-20/DS-2019 that will be valid as of your return date to the U.S., you do NOT have to get a new travel signature at this time.

Students/scholars who need a travel signature must bring ALL of the following completed documents to get the travel signature:

-Most recently issued Form I-20/DS-2019

-Complete ISSS 117 Travel Signature Request Form (complete only the first page) http://global.uconn.edu/files/2014/01/ISSS_117_Travel_Advisory.pdf

-Full Time Enrollment Verification: This enrollment verification must show your enrollment for all semesters you studied at UConn. To get this you can go to the Registrar office in room  202 and request the enrollment verification. They must request this from Storrs campus , so students should make the request as soon as possible. You may also be able to self-print an enrollment certification through Student Admin: http://registrar.uconn.edu/verification_students.htm

-J-1 Visa Holders only: completed Insurance Verification Form http://global.uconn.edu/files/2013/12/ISSS_224_J-1_Medical_Insurance_Requirements.pdf

-J-1 Visa Holders in the Research Scholar, Short Term Scholar http://global.uconn.edu/files/2013/12/ISSS_229_J-1_Scholar_Out-of-Country_Request-rev.pdf

MS FRM Students: Your Form I-20 has been updated to reflect a new CIP code. I will be bringing the new forms to GBLC. Please try to pick these up during the walk-in travel signature hours. Students who will travel during the summer outside the U.S. must get the travel signature on this Form I-20.

12 pm to 2:40 pm, Room 106: Appointments for individual students. If you need an appointment you must register online through www.icworkshops.uconn.edu > view available events > Stamford Campus International Advising.

School of Law and Greater Hartford (West Hartford) campuses, Wednesday, April 16th

8:30 am to 3:00 pm, Law School, Hosmer Room 190: Appointments for individual students/scholars

3:30 pm to 4:30 pm, Greater Hartford campus, School of Social Work, Room 208: Appointments for individual students/scholars

This is my final scheduled visit to the Law School and Greater Hartford campuses until August. If you need an appointment you must register online through www.icworkshops.uconn.edu > view available events > Law School/Greater Hartford Campus International Advising.  Students who will travel outside the U.S. this summer may make an individual appointment with me to get the travel signature.

Travel signature

Students/scholars who will travel outside the U.S. this summer need to make sure they have a valid travel signature on page 3 of their most recent Form I-20 or on the bottom right corner of the DS-2019. Once signed by a DSO/ARO, a travel signature is valid for 12 months or the date you will complete your program, whichever comes first (6 months for students on post-completion OPT and Short Term Scholars). If you already have a travel signature on your most recently issued Form I-20/DS-2019 that will be valid as of your return date to the U.S., you do NOT have to get a new travel signature at this time.

Students/scholars who need a travel signature must schedule an appointment and bring ALL of the following completed documents to get the travel signature:

[...]

Important Reminders for ALL!

Summer Internships, externships, academic practicum placements, School of Business Accelerator positions, off-campus Grad Student Technician placements:

Remember that paid and unpaid positions meeting the above descriptions require Practical Training authorization by ISSS and/or USCIS. Please make an appointment with me to talk about your plans if they include such activity and you have not already applied for the appropriate Practical Training authorization.

Tax filing requirements:

Our website had been updated to include more thorough information on international student/scholar tax filing requirements. The information is posted as a courtesy and does not constitute tax advice. International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) and the University of Connecticut are NOT permitted to assist any student/scholar with any IRS tax form preparation or tax related questions. http://global.uconn.edu/tax-resources-for-international-students-and-scholars/

Students who will graduate in May (or earlier):

All students who are completing their programs this semester must notify ISSS of their plans! Remember that your duration of status is based on the date that you finish your degree requirements, which may be different from the program completion date currently listed on your Form I-20/DS-2019. Please contact ISSS if you have questions about your post-degree plans or make an appointment with an ISSS advisor via the instructions posted above.

Rae Barter

International Advisor

International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS)

Office of Global Affairs

University of Connecticut

2011 Hillside Road Unit 1083

Storrs, CT 06269

U.S.A.

phone-(860) 486-3855

fax-(860)486-5800

*Our fall 2013 office hours are 8:30 am - 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Mon-Fri

*To schedule an appointment with an ISSS advisor please visit www.advapp.uconn.edu (Storrs campus) or www.icworkshops.uconn.edu (Regional campus)