International Advising: MAY 2014
Last visit to Regional Campuses until August

Graduate Business Learning Center*, Friday, May 2nd, Room 310
*Open only to School of Business students with key card access to 3rd floor
9:00 am - 4:00 pm: Appointments for individual students. If you need an appointment you must register online through www.icworkshops.uconn.edu<http://www.icworkshops.uconn.edu> > View available events > Hartford GBLC International Advising.
2:30 pm to 3:30:   MS FRM program new I-20 pick-up

Stamford Campus,  Tuesday, May 6th , Room to be determined, check your appointment registration closer to the date for room #
10:00 am - 2:30 pm: Appointments for individual students. If you need an appointment you must register online through www.icworkshops.uconn.edu<http://www.icworkshops.uconn.edu> > View available events > Stamford Campus International Advising.

Important Reminders:

Students who will graduate in May:
All students who are completing their programs this semester must notify ISSS of their plans! Remember that your duration of status is based on the date that you finish your degree requirements, which may be different from the program completion date currently listed on your Form I-20/DS-2019. Please contact ISSS if you have questions about your post-degree plans or make an appointment with an ISSS advisor via the instructions posted above.

Students who will travel outside the U.S. in summer and still need a travel signature:
Students who need a travel signature must bring ALL of the following completed documents to your appointment:
-Most recently issued Form I-20
-Complete ISSS 117 Travel Signature Request Form (complete only the first page) http://global.uconn.edu/files/2014/01/ISSS_117_Travel_Advisory.pdf
-Full Time Enrollment Verification: This enrollment verification must show your enrollment for all semesters you studied at UConn. To get this you can call the Registrar in Storrs and ask if they can mail this to you- 860-486-3331 (preferred) or you may also be able to self-print an enrollment certification through Student Admin: http://registrar.uconn.edu/verification_students.htm

Summer Internships, externships, academic practicum placements, School of Business Accelerator positions, off-campus Grad Student Technician placements:
Remember that paid and unpaid positions meeting the above descriptions require Practical Training authorization by ISSS and/or USCIS. Please make an appointment with me to talk about your plans if they include such activity and you have not already applied for the appropriate Practical Training authorization.

Rae Barter
International Advisor
International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS)
Office of Global Affairs
University of Connecticut
2011 Hillside Road Unit 1083
Storrs, CT 06269
U.S.A.
phone-(860) 486-3855
fax-(860)486-5800
*Our fall 2013 office hours are 8:30 am - 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Mon-Fri
*To schedule an appointment with an ISSS advisor please visit www.advapp.uconn.edu (Storrs campus) or www.icworkshops.uconn.edu (Regional campus)