State wants accountability from alternative schools
CT Post
Mar 29, 2014<http://www.kidscounsel.org/state-wants-accountability-from-alternative-schools/>

"There are hundreds of alternative education programs around the state, but education officials aren't sure if the programs are clearing the path to a high school diploma - or becoming dumping grounds that lead to more dropouts."

Connecticut child advocacy group honors Yale doctor among others with Champion of Children award<http://www.kidscounsel.org/child-advocacy-group-honors-yale-doctor-with-champion-of-children-award/>
New Haven Register
Apr 3, 2014

Dr. John Leventhal, professor of pediatrics at Yale School of Medicine, is recognized nationally and internationally for his research in the area of child maltreatment and is a devoted advocate for Connecticut's vulnerable children and families. With more than 30 years of experience in the field of child abuse, he has developed the child abuse evaluation and treatment programs and child abuse prevention programs at Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital, and has served as an expert consultant to Connecticut's Department of Children and Families. "Nothing is more important than protecting children from harm," said Dr. Leventhal. "Finding ways to protect children who cannot defend themselves motivates me to continue this challenging and important work. I am honored and humbled to receive the Champion of Children's Award."

Bonnie Berk
Director, Communications
Center for Children's Advocacy
860-570-5327