Hello NEARC,

If you have used Hazus before I could use a little bit of help.

I've recently performed an analysis simulating flood, earthquake, and
hurricane simulations using FEMA's HAZUS-MH software. Within the hurricane
results I need help clarifying the definition for a few of the fields of
data.

I have fields titled "Employment Loss" and "Output Loss" which are shown in
thousands of dollars for each census tract in the study area. The
definitions for these fields are not explained in the HAZUS Hurricane
Technical or user's manuals. And I had no luck searching the user's groups.

I have some ideas for these definitions but I'd like something more
concrete.
Output loss I assume represents "the amount of potential goods or services
which were not produced do to the hurricane, presented in thousands of
dollars".

Employment loss I suspect is "the amount of potential income employed
people lose due to the hurricane, presented in thousands of dollars".

Thanks, and let me know if you need any more details or clarifications.

Best,

Mike Towle

Assistant Planner

Central Connecticut Regional Planning Agency

225 North Main St, Suite 304

Bristol, CT 06010

(860) 589-7820 x 180 | [log in to unmask] | http://www.ccrpa.org/

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove yourself by going to http://listserv.uconn.edu/nearc-l.html.