So, you think your “routine” data edits aren’t that important? Think again! Back in January, I was asked by our Planning Department staff to correct an error that was introduced when our zoning district boundaries were first digitized nearly 12 years ago… And thus began a legal battle that likely won’t be resolved until sometime in 2015.

Full details of the situation are available here:  http://wellesley.wickedlocal.com/article/20140508/NEWS/140506614

Just curious… Anyone else have a similar story to share about an edit to data or maps that are considered “legal instruments” like our Zoning Map? How was your issue resolved?

Cheers,

Brian

Brian C. DuPont, GIS Manager

Town of Wellesley, MA