Hi LISTSERVers,

I wanted to give you an update on some recent Listserv issues. First, a few of you noted that the archives went inactive in September 2013. I looked into it and updated a setting to restore the archive. The good news is it worked. The bad news is that there is no way to recover the lost archives between September 2013 and April 2014.

Additionally, several active posters have emailed me in the last few weeks noting that they were no longer able to post to the listserv. I looked at their user settings and noticed that a setting had changed. After spending time on the phone with the Listserv help desk, I was told that there is a bug in the system restricting anyone with a Yahoo or AOL account from posting to the listserv. A fix is in the works but is currently not in place. Until it is, my recommendation is for folks with these accounts to forward your post to me (or a colleague who does not have a Yahoo/AOL account) and I will send it to the listserv for you. I apologize for the inconvenience. Note, this is an issue across all of UConn's 800+ listservs so if you are on the CT GIS User to User group listserv and you have a Yahoo or AOL account, you will have an issue posting there as well.

I will keep you posted (ha). Have a happy weekend!

Cary B. Chadwick
Department of Extension
Center for Land use Education and Research (CLEAR)
University of Connecticut

(860) 345-5216
http://clear.uconn.edu

[cid:[log in to unmask]]