I can't help but put in my 2 cents as an employee at a state GIS data
warehouse/access point. Why not work with MassGIS? I know that here in VT,
VCGI tries to provide one-stop "shopping" (which is to say, free download)
in order to reduce the amount of searching about users have to do to find
data.

My apologies if I am simply ignorant about MassGIS' policy regarding data
from municipalities...

Leslie Pelch, GISP
Outreach Coordinator
VT Center for Geographic Information