FYI.  I apologize for cross-posting.

All are welcome to attend this free event.  I hope to see you there.
 - Shane

>>> Shane White 6/4/2014 3:25 PM >>>
source:  http://www.neurisa.org/Default.aspx?pageId=1861827

Since there is limited space for our next RIGIS UG meeting (because
there is a really cool tour of their research facility in the morning),
as soon as you are able to, please click on the link above to register.
Chris Akin (FM Global GIS manager) and I would really appreciate it if
you could give a presentation on any of the topics listed below.  If you
know of anyone who is doing something interesting with any of those
topics, please either forward this email to them or send me and/or Chris
their name (and contact info if you have it) and we will reach out to
them.

This should be an awesome meeting.  We hope to see you there.

- Shane (and Chris)

------------------

RIGIS User Group Meeting
June 24, 2014
Catastrophe Planning
The Rhode Island GIS Users Group (RIGIS) and NEURISA are happy to bring
you the next RIGIS User Group Meeting on June 24, 2014.  The event will
be hosted by FM Global at their Research Campus, 743 Reynolds Road,
Glocester, RI 02814.

About the FM Global Research Campus				    More
Info ( https://www.fmglobal.com/page.aspx?id=04010100 ) | Driving
Directions ( https://www.fmglobal.com/page.aspx?id=04010106 )
Fires, explosions, hurricane-force winds, flying debris - it's all in a
day's work at the FM Global Research Campus.  The 1,600-acre (648 ha) FM
Global Research Campus in West Glocester, R.I., USA, is the premiere
center in the world for property loss-prevention scientific research and
product testing.

Planned Agenda
9:00 AM	    Arrival and continental breakfast
9:30 AM	    Research Campus Tour: Test fire burn, Natural
Hazards lab, dust explosion
11:45 AM	  Lunch
12:30 PM	  RIGIS Presentations with Networking Break
3:30 PM	    Meeting ends

Presentation Topics may include:
Hurricane Preparedness
Storm Surge
Flood Mitigation
Evacuation Routes
Post-Event Efforts
Information Sharing
Readiness Response Plans
Technology Enhancements
Emergency Response Teams
Crowd-Sourced Data

Agendas follow a regular format of 3 to 4 speakers with a break long
enough in the middle of the program for networking. Anyone interested in
presenting should contact Shane White at [log in to unmask]

Registration
You can register for the event here ( http://www.neurisa.org/events ).
There is no registration fee for this event but space is limited!
Priority is given to RIGIS Members and those who live or work in Rhode
Island.

Sponsors
NEURISA would like to thank RIGIS (
http://www.edc.uri.edu/rigis/default.html ), FM Global (
http://www.fmglobal.com/ ), and our Corporate Sponsors (
http://www.neurisa.org/sponsors ) for making this event possible.

Corporate Sponsors
AppGeo ( http://www.appgeo.com/ ) – BSC Group (
http://www.bscgroup.com/ ) – CAI ( http://www.cai-info.com/ ) – CDM
Smith ( http://www.cdmsmith.com/ ) – Critigen ( http://critigen.com/ )
DGT Survey Group ( http://www.dgtsurvey.com/ ) – Sanborn (
http://www.sanborn.com/ ) – Tighe & Bond ( http://www.tighebond.com/ ) –
VHB ( http://www.vhb.com/ )

Shane D. White, GISP | RIGIS Coordinator | T: +1.401.222-6483 |
[log in to unmask] | http://www.edc.uri.edu/rigis
State of RI, Dept of Admin, Div of Planning | 1 Capitol Hl 3rd Fl |
Providence, RI 02908-5872 | 41.833, -71.416
RIGISNews http://rigisnews.blogspot.com, RIGIS Event Calendar
http://www.edc.uri.edu/rigis/about/calendar.html,
Twitter @RIGIS http://twitter.com/rigis, LinkedIn
http://www.linkedin.com/in/shanewhitegis