FYI.  I apologize for cross-posting.

All are welcome to attend this free event.  I hope to see you there.     - Shane

>>> Shane White 6/4/2014 3:25 PM >>>
source:  http://www.neurisa.org/Default.aspx?pageId=1861827

Since there is limited space for our next RIGIS UG meeting (because there is a really cool tour of their research facility in the morning), as soon as you are able to, please click on the link above to register.  Chris Akin (FM Global GIS manager) and I would really appreciate it if you could give a presentation on any of the topics listed below.  If you know of anyone who is doing something interesting with any of those topics, please either forward this email to them or send me and/or Chris their name (and contact info if you have it) and we will reach out to them.

This should be an awesome meeting.  We hope to see you there.

- Shane (and Chris)

------------------

RIGIS User Group Meeting

June 24, 2014

Catastrophe Planning

The Rhode Island GIS Users Group (RIGIS) and NEURISA are happy to bring you the next RIGIS User Group Meeting on June 24, 2014.  The event will be hosted by FM Global at their Research Campus, 743 Reynolds Road, Glocester, RI 02814.

About the FM Global Research Campus                    More Info | Driving Directions

Fires, explosions, hurricane-force winds, flying debris - it's all in a day's work at the FM Global Research Campus.  The 1,600-acre (648 ha) FM Global Research Campus in West Glocester, R.I., USA, is the premiere center in the world for property loss-prevention scientific research and product testing.

Planned Agenda

9:00 AM        Arrival and continental breakfast

9:30 AM        Research Campus Tour: Test fire burn, Natural Hazards lab, dust explosion

11:45 AM      Lunch

12:30 PM      RIGIS Presentations with Networking Break

3:30 PM        Meeting ends

Presentation Topics may include:

  • Hurricane Preparedness
  • Storm Surge
  • Flood Mitigation
  • Evacuation Routes
  • Post-Event Efforts
  • Information Sharing
  • Readiness Response Plans
  • Technology Enhancements
  • Emergency Response Teams
  • Crowd-Sourced Data

Agendas follow a regular format of 3 to 4 speakers with a break long enough in the middle of the program for networking. Anyone interested in presenting should contact Shane White at [log in to unmask]

Registration

You can register for the event here.  There is no registration fee for this event but space is limited!  Priority is given to RIGIS Members and those who live or work in Rhode Island.

Sponsors

NEURISA would like to thank RIGIS, FM Global, and our Corporate Sponsors for making this event possible.

Corporate Sponsors

AppGeo  BSC Group  CAI  CDM Smith  Critigen

DGT Survey Group  Sanborn  Tighe & Bond  VHB

Shane D. White, GISP | RIGIS Coordinator | T: +1.401.222-6483 | [log in to unmask] | http://www.edc.uri.edu/rigis

State of RI, Dept of Admin, Div of Planning | 1 Capitol Hl 3rd Fl | Providence, RI 02908-5872 | 41.833, -71.416

RIGISNews http://rigisnews.blogspot.com, RIGIS Event Calendar http://www.edc.uri.edu/rigis/about/calendar.html,

Twitter @RIGIS http://twitter.com/rigis, LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/in/shanewhitegis

Board Member: NSGIC http://www.nsgic.org

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove yourself by going to http://listserv.uconn.edu/nearc-l.html.