Celebrating 100 years of State Park Service - Free Pass at all Connecticut State Parks -  July 26 - 27 To encourage everyone to visit a state park in this Centennial year, fees at state parks will be waived this Saturday and Sunday.  This means the usual parking fees will not be charged and there will be no admission fees at state park museums.

We advise that you arrive early if you plan to visit one of our beaches on Long Island Sound or an inland lake, as parking lots at those locations can reach capacity quickly. www.ct.gov/freestateparksweekend<http://www.ct.gov/freestateparksweekend>

31st  Annual Irish Festival - The Largest Irish Music Festival in New England - Glastonbury - July 25 - July 27  Cead mile failte...one hundred thousand welcomes to the 2014 Greater Hartford Irish Music Festival! We welcome you to the 31st edition of our festival held on the grounds of the Irish American Home Society in Glastonbury! Thirty-one years of fine music, dancing and celebration of our Irish heritage! The Festival Committee has been hard at work all year, listening to the feedback of festival goers and volunteers as we planned this year's event. As a result we've brought back the carnival by Northeast Midways. And what's a festival without great food options? We've expanded your culinary choices by adding several new food vendors. Back by popular demand on our Main Stage is the ever popular Savage Brothers Band appearing both Friday and Saturday evenings. On Saturday, catch the Men in Kilts contest on the Main Stage or enjoy a whiskey tasting in our Jameson Pavilion paired with a cigar from The SmokeEasy Cigar Parlor. Don't forget to stop by the Celtic Café for a lovely cup of tea or an iced coffee! Visit the GAA booth and demonstrate your skills in the national sports of Ireland, Gaelic football and hurling. Learn a few Irish set dances at the Cultural Tent. There is truly something for everyone! http://www.irishmusicfest.com

Ocean Beach Park - Annual Costume or Silly Hat Parade  plus  Fireworks - July 25  - 7:30pm   Live music plus a fireworks display over Long Island Sound. All participating children will receive a treat bag and small toy. http://www.ocean-beach-park.com/23.html

Annual Taste of  Hartford Restaurant Week - July 21 - August 4 30 participating restaurants across Hartford will offer special multi-course, price-fixed tasting menus featuring some of their signature dishes for $20.14 to $28.14.Taste of Hartford restaurant week is presented by the Greater Hartford Arts Council in partnership with the Hartford Advocate. Be sure to make reservations as early as possible. Don't wait because restaurants are sure to book quickly. http://www.connecticutrestaurantweek.com/restaurant-weeks-ct/taste-of-hartford/