Colleagues and friends,

Here’s the scenario: we have a multi-server deployment of ArcGIS server 10.1- 1 DB server (Windows 2008 R2 with SQL Server and SDE); 1 ArcGIS server (Windows 2012 R2) for map services and manager. When Windows updates run, we stagger the restarts by 1 hour. The DB server goes first with update then restart, then an hour later the ArcGIS server with update then restart. We are getting an issue with our web map applications throwing an error that points to broken map services. My questions to you are this- 1. have you ever encountered such a behavior? 2. when the DB server bounces, is a republish of the map services necessary to resume normal functionality of the map services? 3. Is there a procedure that is “best practice” for doing Windows updates in this set up? I look forward to the multitude of responses!!!

Kind regards,

Thad

________________________

Thad J. Dymkowski, GISP

G.I.S. Technician

Town of Newington, Connecticut

(860) 665-8592

"I have an existential map. It has 'You are here' written all over it."Steven Wright

The information contained in this electronic message may be confidential and/or privileged.
If you received this in error, please inform the sender and remove any record of this
message. Please note that messages to or from the Town of Newington may be subject to
Freedom of Information statutes and regulations.

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove yourself by going to http://listserv.uconn.edu/nearc-l.html.