Welcome to UConn,

To help you gain a better understanding of the American way of life, we have prepared a list of some of the general characteristics of American social relations. Please remember these are generalizations and will vary from person to person.

We will be talking about these characteristics throughout the year in our weekly lessons of the week series.

We hope and trust you will have a productive semester.

Bob Chudy
Program Director
International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS)
Office of Global Affairs
Rowe 126
University of Connecticut
phone: 860-486-6653