From: Fernandez, Rosie (CCI-Northeast) [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:30 AM
To: Fernandez, Rosie (CCI-Northeast)
Subject: Cox, schools partner to bring computers, Internet to families

Cox Communications made an announcement earlier today regarding our partnership with Connect2Compete, the national program that offers discounted high speed internet service to low-income families.

Three key elements of our announcement were:

As many of you know, through Connect2Compete, a national broadband adoption initiative, eligible families can sign up for Cox High Speed Internet for $9.95 a month for two years. The Cox service includes a free cable modem rental, free installation, and no deposit or contract.

The goal of Connect2Compete is to ensure that the education of low-income and underserved students isn’t suffering simply because they don’t have access to the same advanced online learning tools in the home that other students have.

In the U.S., 79% of teachers have their students access assignments online, and more than 80% believe that online learning improves education. Yet, one-third of all students, mostly low-income, don’t have access to computers and high speed Internet in the home.

“Cox has a strong history of connecting kids to technology, whether it’s in the classrooms, at the Boys & Girls Clubs, or in their homes. We are proud to continue our partnership with Connect2Compete to help bring more of our families in Rhode Island online in their homes,” said John Wolfe, SVP and General Manager, Cox Communications.

For more information about the Connect2Compete program, visit www.connect2compete.org/Cox or call 855-222-3252.

I am available to answer any questions or attend enrollment events in your community.

Thank you,
Rosie

Rosie Fernández | Community Relations Manager | Cox Communications | o: 401.615.1175 | f: 401.615.1581