International Student & Scholar Services is pleased to announce our annual fall bus trip to Newport, Rhode Island!

Newport is a beautiful town located in coastal Rhode Island (the smallest state in the U.S.!) with many things to see. On the day of our trip Newport will be hosting their annual Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival, which gives you the chance to listen to live music, sample local seafood and New England beer and enjoy the waterfront.  Admission to the festival is free however there will be charges for food and drinks.

Newport is also home to many interesting old mansions that are now open to the public for tours, a wide variety of restaurants, beautiful walking areas and much more!

The trip to Newport will be on Saturday, October 18. We will leave Storrs at 8:00 a.m. and travel to Newport (approx. 1.5 hr ride). Upon arrival you will be free to explore until 7:00 p.m.

Tickets are $25 and are available now at the International Center. Payment must be made using a personal check or money order made out to University of Connecticut.

All tickets are non-refundable and the trip will be held rain or shine. Due to a limited number of seats, this trip is open only to current UConn students and scholars (and their dependents if any).  Tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis and will sell out! Get your tickets soon!

For more information on Newport, please visit the following sites:

General Newport Information                  http://www.discovernewport.org/

Seafood Festival                                              http://www.bowenswharf.com/events

Newport Mansions                                         http://www.newportmansions.org/

Cliff Walk (recommended!)                       http://www.cliffwalk.com/

Please see the attachment for additional information.

International Student & Scholar Services(ISSS)

Office of Global Affairs

University of Connecticut

2011 Hillside Road, Unit 1083

Storrs, CT 06269-1083