Geospatial Colleagues,

Mark your calendar for the 2014 New York State GeoSpatial Summit on Wednesday, October 22nd at the Welch Allyn Lodge in Skaneateles Falls, NY. We know it may be a trek for our New England colleagues, but if you've never been to this event before, and you’d like to explore the Finger Lakes Region in the autumn, we promise it will be well worth the trip. The GeoSpatial Summit is all about innovative and emerging ideas in our field and you won't want to miss it!

We will kick off the event at the Lodge on Tuesday, October 21st with the NYS GIS Association Annual Meeting from 4:00-5:30 PM, followed by food, drinks, and great company at the GeoSpatial Summit reception from 6:30-9:30 PM.  We are pleased to announce that Connie Brown of Redstone Studios will be our reception speaker, describing her work in creating one-of-a-kind hand-painted maps.  We will be raffling a framed print of her Nantucket map at the reception.

This is the 8th GeoSpatial Summit and we have an exciting lineup of speakers in the works. Already confirmed for this year are John Calkins, GIS evangelist for Esri; Larry Brinker of the Northeast UAS Airspace Integration Research Alliance (NUAIR Alliance); Dr. Joel Kaplan of Rutgers University, an expert on risk terrain mapping for criminal justice applications; Alex Barth of Mapbox, an online mapping provider of highly customizable pre-rendered maps; and Paul Ramsey, a leading proponent of open source GIS, from Boundless. You will hear six outstanding keynote presentations in a single day, with panel discussions to ask questions of the speakers.  The panels will be moderated by veteran GIS journalist Adena Schutzberg, Executive Editor at Directions Media.  An additional speaker will be announced soon.

The GeoSpatial Summit is a unique event; we intentionally keep it small and intimate so that you can engage with the speakers and your peers throughout the event. The Welch Allyn Lodge is a spectacular venue serving excellent food and is well suited for a day of "out of the box" thinking. I hope you will be among the first 200 to sign up, because we cannot accept additional registrations beyond that number.  Early registration discounts end September 30th. Visit the GeoSpatial Summit website at: www.nygeosummit.org for further information.

We hope to see you there!

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove yourself by going to http://listserv.uconn.edu/nearc-l.html.