Dear all,

1. If you don't want to to be included in the list, let me know or send a message to
with BLANK subjet line, and body
UNSUB UCONN_PROBABILITY-L

2. This semester our talks will be on Fridays at 3:30PM in MSB 109A.

The first talk is next Friday by Prof. Wally Madych.

Title: Tomography and degree of approximation
Abstract: The question of how well a phantom (function) can be approximated in
terms of n parallel beam Radon Transform projections (radiographs) will be
addressed. Some background will be provided in the beginning and several
questions will be raised at the end

An up to date list of talks for this semester can be found on:

http://www.math.uconn.edu/research/analysis-and-probability-seminar/?
Subject=anaprob&Year=2014&Semester=Fall

3. Charles River Lectures in Probability on Friday OCT 17 - We're organizing a
group, please let me know if you want to join.
(from Alexander Gontar, Assistant to Professor Horng-Tzer Yau)

The Charles River Lectures on Probability and Related Topics will be hosted by the
Harvard University Center of Mathematical Sciences and Applications on Friday,
October 17, 2014 in Cambridge, MA. The lectures are jointly organized by Harvard
University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Microsoft Research New
England for the benefit of the greater Boston area mathematics community. The
event features five lectures by distinguished researchers in the areas of probability
and related topics. This year's lectures will be delivered by:

David Brydges (University of British Columbia)
Sourav Chatterjee (Stanford University)
Christophe Garban (Université Lyon 1)
Fabio Toninelli  (CNRS & Institut Camille Jordan, Lyon 1)
Srinivasa Varadhan  (New York University)

Details on how to register (for free) are on the conference web site:
http://cmsa.fas.harvard.edu/charlesriverlectures14/

Location: Harvard University - Maxwell Dworkin Building  (33 Oxford St.,
Cambridge, MA), Room G115
Time: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM

Event organizers:
Alexei Borodin (MIT)
Ivan Corwin (Clay Mathematics Institute, Columbia, MIT)
Alice Guionnet (MIT)
Vadim Gorin (MIT)
Scott Sheffield (MIT)
H.T. Yau (Harvard University)

For questions regarding the event, please email