International Student and Scholar Services is posting this announcement as a public service.  Please contact [log in to unmask] . if you have any questions about this evernt.  Thank you.

Bob Chudy

Greetings UConn!

TARANG invites UConn students to this year’s Diwali celebrations to be held on the 26th of October (Sunday) from 6PM to 10 PM at UCONN - HILLEL. Diwali, is known as the festival of lights and is one of the most popular festivals in India. It is an event that brings together people from different backgrounds for a day filled with fun and festivities.

In our effort to share that festive spirit with the UConn community, we invite you to come join us for a fun night of dance, music and other cultural performances from the Indian sub-continent. The event will also be followed by dinner, so don’t miss out on this opportunity to treat your tummies to some delicious Indian food.

This event is sponsored by the Graduate Student Senate (GSS) and the first 100 tickets to this event will be FREE! (Early bird gets the worm!!). Only graduate students are eligible for the free tickets.   The rest of the tickets will be available for sale.

Ticket sales will be on the following days:

17th October (Friday, 1PM-3PM)

22nd October (Wednesday, 12PM-2PM)

Venue:  Graduate Student Lounge, Student Union

UConn Student:             $15.00

Non-student:                  $20.00

Please check the link for further details.

Thank You,

With regards,

On behalf of Team Tarang

Sriram Vijayan

Chief Operating Officer

PS: If you have any queries, concerns, comments or suggestions. Please feel free to email me at [log in to unmask] .