First Thursday: Frohawk Two Feathers / MATRIX 170 - Wadsworth Atheneum – Hartford – October 2 – 5:00pm – 8:00pm   Join us for the opening of Frohawk Two Feathers / MATRIX 170, featuring an Artist Talk at 6pm, a satirical hip-hop performance by SUPERDELUXE (Frohawk Two Feathers & Micah James) at 7pm, complimentary food and cash bar, an art-making activity sponsored by The Hartford Courant and Trashion Fashion, and more! Stay for an 8pm screening of the Manhattan Short Film Festival (regular film admission applies). http://www.thewadsworth.org/

The 66th Annual Berlin Fair -  Berlin – October 3 – 5   If you want to see some classic midway rides and games, and there’s something for everyone in these great attractions from Dreamland Amusements. Take a step back in time with the carousel, and gaze as far as the eye can see from atop the Ferris wheel. For the more adventurous, the exhilarating zipper, Himalaya, spaceship 2000, and tornado are sure to get the heart racing. Traditional games like basketball free-throw, milk-can toss, and dart toss challenge you to test your skills. You can even drive a go kart around the 1/12th-mile dirt oval master trackThere will also be plenty of opportunities to eat a variety of food and listen to some great live entertainment. www.ctberlinfair.com

Haunted Graveyard  - Where the Thrills Never Dies - Lake Compouce Amusement Park - Bristol – October 3 – 4 – 5:00pm - 12:00 mid night  Lake Compounce is the oldest, continuously-operating amusement park in North America, having its genesis more than 165 years ago in 1846! The park has invested millions in rides and attractions during the recent years, and today is more beautiful than ever. Among other famous attractions, Lake Compounce is home to Boulder Dash, which has been voted the world’s #1 wooden roller coaster, as well as Connecticut’s largest water park. During the Halloween season, the park becomes a haunted park.  Check out the following web site for more details about the Haunted Graveyard experience. http://www.hauntedgraveyard.com/fees.htm

Hiking - Talcott Mountain State Park – Simsbury – Dawn to Dusk The Tower Trail is 1.25 miles long; a walk to the Tower takes approximately 30 - 40 minutes. The 1,000-foot high promontory provides a splendid view of the Connecticut landscape. On the horizon, Mount Monadnock, eighty miles away in New Hampshire, is discernible. To the northwest, the Berkshires dominate the horizon. Long Island Sound is revealed as a thin blue streak to the south. Those with sharp vision can see an area estimated to be 1,200 square miles. Hikers may encounter a variety of wildlife including: deer, foxes and rabbits in this natural sanctuary. Bird watchers enjoy the occasion sightings of the turkey vulture, bald eagle and pileated wood pecker. Tables, grills, and toilets are available for picnickers. Video Tour of Talcott Mountain State Park (link to ‘The Outdoor Enthusiast’ - CT Public Broadcastings’ Media Lab online project)

What a Way to Go? – Cedar Hill Cemetery – Hartford – October 4 –10:00am    Mayhem, murder and the hazards of everyday life in times gone by are the subjects of this tour led by Evelyn Bollert. Transportation with a mind of its own, constricting corsets, exploding boilers, odorless gases, melancholia, mysticism and more – Cedar Hill’s denizens tell us tales of the dangers of daily living in the late-19th and early-20th centuries Admission $5.00. http://cedarhillfoundation.org/visi

Haunted Corn Maze – Nathan Hale Homestead – Coventry – October 4 – 7:00pm - 9:30pm  Nothing sets the mood for autumn better than the approach of Halloween. Get into the spirit of the season with the Haunted Corn Maze! Every year, with the help of the Young Friends of Hale, a new maze is put together full of spooks and surprises in the dark! All new scenes may prove somewhat scarier than in past years. If you think your school days are haunting, wait until you visit the maze school house! Bring your flashlights and leave your scaredy-pants at home as the maze is taken over by things that go bump in the night. Not recommended for very young children. In case of rain, the maze will also be open on Sunday, October 5th from 7 to 8:30 pm. Admission is $8 per person; $25 per family. www.ctlandmarks.org

Scantic Valley – Corn Maze – Somers – October 1 – October 26  Our family farm also hosts one of the area’s largest corn mazes on weekends in September and October with harvest fair fun including pick-your-own pumpkins and hay rides. Our farm is easy to get to, only minutes off of I-91 in Somers. Please explore our site and you can contact us for direct-from-the-farm meat sales. Our Giant Corn Maze encompasses 8 acres and 3 miles of trails. Download/View our Maze Rules Here We also offer a Kiddie Maze, Barnyard viewing area, and plenty of wholesome fun activities in the “OK Corral”- our play area for kids. The Marketplace and General Store are a perfect place to stock-up on kinds of fall decorations as well as our “Limited Edition” Corn Maze T-Shirts. We offer many CT Grown products including our jam, syrup, and especially our very own farm raised meats. Our freezer is stocked with tempting cuts of steak, roasts, sausage and more! Take some home for grilling tonight. Complete your visit with a relaxing hay ride while enjoying our scenic valley with your family and friends. Scantic Valley Farm is surely a place where your family traditions will be made. http://scanticvalleyfarm.com/

The 16th Annual Riverfront Regatta on the Connecticut River –Riverside Park - Hartford – October 5 - 7:00am – 5:00pm In 1998, we host a head style regatta offering competition on the Connecticut River for high school, collegiate, and masters rowers. In 2013, a record-breaking number of rowers from six states competed in Riverfront Recapture’s Annual Head of the Riverfront Regatta on the Connecticut River. Spectators can get good views on the races along the riverbanks at Charter Oak Landing in Hartford and Great River Park in East Hartford or from Mortensen Riverfront Plaza in downtown.  Come enjoy the spectacle of one of New England’s largest rowing events as you cheer on your favorite collegiate, high school, club, individual, and masters rowers. http://www.riverfront.org/events/head-riverfront-rowing-regatta

Martial Arts Day – Connecticut Science Center – Hartford – October 4 – 10:00am- 5:00pm   Celebrate the physical skill, discipline and sport of Martial Arts. Wear your Martial Arts uniform for discounted admissions and a free commemorative patch. Meet, greet and take a photo with New York’s Famous Stunt Turtles from 11:00am – 3:00pm.  www.CTScienceCenter.org

16th Annual Connecticut Renaissance Faire – Dodd Stadium -  Norwich – October 4 – 5 – 10:30am – 6:00pm  The Renaissance Faire returns to southeastern Connecticut for five consecutive weekends and Columbus Day. Don’t miss one of the state’s most popular tourist destinations complete with knights in shining armor, fair maids, jousting, comedy, games, archery, rat circus, fire eaters, rope walkers, birds of prey demonstrations, interactive characters from history, contests, and continuous themed entertainment on nine stages – and all shows are included with your admission!  Shop in New England’s largest medieval marketplace featuring handcrafted and unique items you can’t find anywhere else. Feast like a king on turkey legs, bread bowl stews, cheesecake, and many other delectable food options and then wash it all down with an ice-cold craft beer from Thimble Island Brewery.   http://ctfaire.com

19th Annual Scarecrows Along Main Street – Wethersfield – October 1 - 29 Free  Come take a walk in Old Wethersfield along Main Street. Enjoy the unique and creative styles of scarecrows made from different people. Judge for yourself to see who has the best scarecrow. http://www.historicwethersfield.org

Lighthouse Harbor Tours – Robert Mills US Customs House – Bank Street – New London – October 5 - October 26 - 11:00am - 3:00pm  Hourly lighthouse tours. All advance tickets should be booked on line: please to www.brownpapertickets.com and search “New London Lighthouse” to find all events. For day-of-tickets, only, call 860-447-8700 or stop by the Custom House.

“Warsaw Uprising” – Polish National Home – Chopin Ballroom – Hartford - October 5th - 1:00pm A play memorializing the Warsaw Uprising in words and song, put on by the outstanding theatre group “Teatr Wyborazni Novum”. A commemorative armband with the Resistance insignia will be given to every ticket holder. To reserve tickets, please call the POLISH NATIONAL HOME AT 860-247-1784 or Email: [log in to unmask] Plenty of free on-site parking available. www.polishhomect.org

15th Annual Corn Maze – The Beatles - Lyman Orchards – Middlefield  August 30 – November 2  With more than two miles of twisting and winding pathways carved within four acres of towering cornstalks, a hundred decision points, and just one way out, getting lost in our 15th Annual Corn Maze will be a lot of fun, and it's all for a great cause! $1 of every admission is donated to the American Cancer Society. http://lymanorchards.com/events

“Artisan Cheese Festival & Potter’s Market” - The Coventry Regional Farmers’ Market  -  Nathan Hale Homestead - Coventry – October 5 -11:00am - 2:00pm   It is like a country fair every Sunday… the old-fashioned kind, with farmers, produce, freshly baked pies, sparkling jars of preserves and pickles, handmade goods, and fiddlers.  New England Travel Magazine calls ours “Connecticut’s preeminent farmers’ market.”  http://coventryfarmersmarket.com/events/