UConn School of Law/Greater Hartford Campus

ISSS will visit your campus on Thursday, October 9th! This is one of two planned visits to the Law School this semester. Greater Hartford campus students who require an appointment to meet with an ISSS advisor may either come to the Law School for an appointment, or email me separately if you are not able to travel to the Law School campus.

Students and scholars who need an appointment should go to www.isss.uconn.edu and click on the orange button that says “Schedule an Appointment Regional Campuses”. Log in with your net ID, click on “View Available Events” and you can find my available appointments listed with a link to registration. Students who need an appointment must register in advance, by Wednesday October 8th.

Reminders:

-          Traveling outside the U.S.: Students and scholars who will travel overseas need a travel signature on their Forms I-20/DS-2019 that is less than one year old at the time of return (6 months old for Short Term Scholars and students on post-completion OPT). If you will schedule an appointment to get a travel signature,  you must bring all of the required documents, listed on our webpage here: http://global.uconn.edu/about/isss/forms/travel-questions/

-           Internships, legal externships, clinics, MPA practicum, Social Work field placements: All students who will undertake an experiential learning course as part of their academic curriculum, or who will pursue an internship related to their field of study must check with ISSS to see if Practical Training authorization is required. In most cases, it is. Students must have practical training authorization PRIOR to beginning the internship or experiential learning course. If you have further questions please make an appointment with ISSS on October 9th.

-           Students who will graduate/complete in December: If you will finish in December it is recommended to meet with ISSS to talk about your options and plans after graduation (when you must finish, when you will depart, post-completion Optional Practical Training or Academic Training, etc) . Please make an appointment with ISSS to discuss your plans if you have not already done so.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you on Thursday.

International Advisor

International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS)

Office of Global Affairs

University of Connecticut

2011 Hillside Road Unit 1083

Storrs, CT 06269