From: Northeast Arc Users Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jay Michael Thrasher
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 1:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Still need a few Student Lunch table hosts at NEARC

Hi all,

I am a recent  MS graduate looking to engage in a career with GIS related work.  Unfortunately I will be unable to attend the NEARC Conference.

I would like to speak on behalf of all the recent grads, young professionals and engineers with similar GIS-related ambitions who are on this List Serve.  For those of you with GIS career experience, could you please share any advice or information you may have for those of us starting off or for those of us looking to incorporate GIS into our career paths?  Assuming that we have basic course training in GIS and would like to apply these skills in the workforce, apart from NEARC Conference are there any other networking events or online job bulletins specific to GIS?

Thank you for your help!

Jay M. Thrasher
Jr. Research Associate
Earth Engineering Center