Have any of you come across a geodatabase or shapefile containing points of origin for State Plane projections?  In other words, points drawn at 0,0 in State Plane MA feet; 0,0 in State Plane NH feet; 0,0 in State Plane Maine East feet etc.

I am looking at some data of unknown projection and the usual suspects aren’t working out.  I have a feeling someone accidentally drew these features in a projection for some incorrect state…  It occurs to me that if I could measure a point in the data to points of origin, I could see which one lined up and thereby figure out the correct projection.

I know how to do this manually, but an existing point layer would save me some time of not having to try projections out one at a time.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Normandin, GISP | GIS Manager

WRIGHT-PIERCE  Water, Wastewater, Infrastructure Engineers
230 Commerce Way | Suite 302 | Portsmouth, NH 03801

Office: 603.430.3728  |  Direct: 603.570.7111

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove yourself by going to http://listserv.uconn.edu/nearc-l.html.