Dear Avery Point campus international students and scholars,

Happy November! ISSS will be visiting your campus this month for international advising on Tuesday, November 11th.  This will be the last visit to Avery Point campus for fall semester.

If you need to meet with an ISSS advisor for an appointment to talk about any international student/scholar or immigration related issue, please schedule a 20-minute appointment online at www.icworkshops.uconn.edu > View Available Events > Avery Point Campus International Advising.

Students and scholars who will travel during Thanksgiving or Winter break outside the U.S. will need to get a travel signature if they don’t already have one on their Form I-20/DS-2019.   If you need a travel signature, please register for an appointment online and bring all  of the following documents to your appointment:

1- Form I-20 (F-1 students) or Form DS-2019 (J-1 students and scholars) – bring the original document. If you have multiple forms, bring the one that was issued to you most recently.

2- Completed Travel Signature Request Form http://global.uconn.edu/files/2014/01/ISSS_117_Travel_Advisory.pdf

3- Enrollment verification – you need to contact the UConn Registrar for this. Please call the Storrs campus Registrar at  860-486-3331 at least a week before your appointment  and request that they send you by mail your enrollment verification. Alternately, you can see if the Avery Point campus Registrar office (Room 312, Branford Hall) can issue this form for you.

4- Visiting scholars only: Visiting scholars also need to bring a completed Insurance Verification Form http://global.uconn.edu/files/2013/12/ISSS_224_J-1_Medical_Insurance_Requirements.pdf and Out of Country Request Form, completed by you, and your academic department: http://global.uconn.edu/files/2013/12/ISSS_229_J-1_Scholar_Out-of-Country_Request-rev.pdf

Thank you and please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Rae

Rae Barter

International Advisor

International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS)

Office of Global Affairs

University of Connecticut

2011 Hillside Road Unit 1083

Storrs, CT 06269