Hello all. We’re looking for a GIS professional to be based out of our Rochester NY office. Please apply online here:

https://re22.ultipro.com/BRE1001/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*03198AA4B1003472

Position description:

Haley & Aldrich is looking for a highly motivated and technically capable GIS professional to join our Data Visualization Services Group. We collaborate closely with our colleagues and clients on challenging projects in the fields of geotechnical engineering, environmental geology, risk assessment, natural-resource management, and sustainability.

Our ideal candidate will be required to:

- Be enthusiastic, dedicated, and self-disciplined in order to work effectively in an exciting, diverse, and fast-paced environment

- Work with project teams to determine the optimal approach for using geospatial technologies to meet project needs, accurately estimate the corresponding level of effort, and then see implementation through to completion

- Be outgoing, proactive, and responsive¯skilled in effectively communicating with colleagues and clients both in-person and virtually

- Approach each task, regardless of size and scope, as an opportunity to rethink the conventional ways data is collected, managed, visualized, and delivered

- Produce concise, clear, and compelling cartographic output with a keen eye for aesthetics

- Balance a high level of creativity with adherence to established company GIS standards and best practices

- Always be persistent and diligent about quality, both in one’s own work and the work of others

- Support and coach other users of geospatial technologies throughout the organization

- Stay actively engaged in the greater GIS community, both locally and beyond, in order to be aware of the state of practice, new tools and technology, and opportunities for growth

- Have a passion for maps and geospatial technologies that extends beyond the workplace

Required qualifications

- BS/BA degree

- Three to eight years experience as a GIS professional

- Advanced skills using Esri ArcGIS for Desktop, including Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst

- Experience in building and using a GIS to solve problems, present results, and graphically report analytical data

- Strong written and oral communication skills for all levels of technical understanding

- CAD-GIS data interoperability and integration skills, especially for effectively displaying CAD data in GIS

- Candidates will be required to provide a portfolio of their work

Preferred qualifications

- Strong environmental science background with a focus on analysis of biological and other natural resources

- Experience using ArcGIS for Server, Geocortex Essentials, ArcGIS Online

- Web- and mobile-map application development for commercial and open-source platforms

- GPS- and tablet-based field-data collection, processing, and integration

- Relational-database management (EQuIS, SQL Server)

- Automation and scripting using Model Builder and Python (including arcpy.mapping)

- GISP certification

Salary dependent on qualifications

Christian Raumann, GISP

Data Visualization Services Manager
Haley & Aldrich | 1956 Webster St., Suite 450 | Oakland, CA 94612
510-879-4553 | mobile 510-908-0559

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove yourself by going to http://listserv.uconn.edu/nearc-l.html.