Michael - couple of questions:
1) Are you looking to actually make your python script an executable for users who will "NOT" have python installed on their machine?
2) Do you want some sort of GUI that goes with the program?
3) I would assume Windows, but figured I should at least ask?

Knowing that, we might be able to give you some better advice.  As a shot in the dark, you might read up on this link (it's Windows specific and I'm on a Mac, so I haven't tried it):

Technically speaking, you can do GUI stuff with Python, so you don't necessarily need something like VBA.

David