Hi NEARCsters,

So I have a file geodatabase (v10.1) and I created a floating-point 32-bit raster and loaded up about 2700 2m DEM tiles.  That all went fine.  Calculate pyramids went fine.  But now when I want to calculate statistics I get the following error message:

ERROR 999999: Error executing function.
The table was not found. [VAT_MEDEM2_NEW]
Failed to execute (Calculate Statistics).

Now this is puzzling as it appears to be looking for a VAT, and yet as we all know a 32-bit float raster would not have a VAT.  This is my first time doing this in a file GDB, usually I do it right in SQL Server, which has never produced this error message.

Furthermore, to troubleshoot I copied another 2m DEM out of SQL Server and into this same file GDB.  It calculates the stats just fine.

Any suggestions?

===============================
Michael Smith MS GISP
State GIS Manager, Maine Office of GIS
State of Maine, Office of Information Technology
michael.smith _at_ maine.gov 207-215-5530

Board Member, Maine GeoLibrary
Education Chair, Maine GIS Users Group
State Rep, National States Geographic Information Council
[cid:[log in to unmask]]

State House Station 145
51 Commerce Drive
Augusta, ME 04333-0145