While Tripp’s tip solved my first problem but then I became re-discouraged about how the consultant was going to navigate from place to place, assuming there was going to be a smartphone involved.  I didn’t see how to get directions when I viewed my app on my phone, at least not in a way where you could do it simply.  So I went to google maps and googled the address of each school.  Then I clicked on the directions icon, opening a new window.  I grabbed the URL, converted to a tinyurl and added it as an attribute.  Voila!  Google driving directions in each pop up window.

And now I feel like this:

http://www.faecdn.com/d/bex/i/tom-hanks-in-cast-away.jpg

If you have a better way, please share.  Because now I realize I have to do this for a bunch of places I’m putting onto a social services map.  Every solution just leads to another question....

Meg McGaffin

GIS Analyst

City of Milford CT

70 West River St