Welcome back!  And I hope everyone had a
relaxing/peaceful/festive/productive holiday break.

I want to give everyone a quick preview of the Analysis and Probability
seminar this semester and ask for volunteers to speak in February (but more
on that later).  First off, Joe Chen and I are taking over organizer duties
from Iddo, who is currently enjoying a much deserved sabbatical (ski
vacation).  We will not have a talk the first or last week of classes or
during spring break.  Here is the schedule so far (talks are still on
Fridays):

     January 30
     February 6
    February 13
    February 20
    February 27
         March 6 - Sabine Jansen (Ruhr-Universität Bochum)
       March 13 - David Bate (University of Chicago)
       March 27 - Malik Younsi (Stony Brook University)
           April 3
          April 10
          April 17 - Tess Anderson (Brown University)
          April 24
   Unscheduled - Samuel Wilson (MIT) - sometime in April

As you can see, we have several open slots, especially earlier in the
semester.  If anyone local would like to give a talk and can volunteer for
a date in January or February, please let me know.  If you have suggestions
for speakers, we would also like to hear them.

Finally, I would like to tentatively propose that we move the seminar
starting time back to 3:00 pm from 3:30 pm.  Let me know if you have a
conflict.

All the best,

Matthew

--

*Dr. Matthew Badger*, Assistant Professor
Department of Mathematics, University of Connecticut