You can use Google Drive or DropBox, I have had luck with both. You could also try putting the shapefiles into a geodatabase and compressing it. Lastly, if you open a copy of the .dbf table in Access you can change the field width sizes. If you have a lot of text field attributes the columns might all be defaulted to 250 characters which would bloat the size of your file. Just don't shrink them too small where you truncate your data.

Meg McGaffin

Sent from my iPhone