Yes, you can and I have done it.  Also have used RePortal software to schedule the reports.  If you are not using the geometry to report, you can also consider connecting through ODBC connection directly to the database to generate your reports.  South Windsor uses both Crystal and RePortal with their work order system.

From: Unmoderated discussion list for Connecticut GIS Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Alec Vincitorio
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 3:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CTGIS-L] Using Crystal reports to connect to a ArcGIS Server Service

Hello Listserve,

I'm wondering if anyone has used Crystal reports to connect to an ArcGIS Server Service.  I would like to be able to use Crystal to query the features in a layer of the service and produce reports.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Alec Vincitorio, GIS Analyst
City of New Haven
200 Orange Street
Rm 203
New Haven, CT. 06510
203-946-6538

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove yourself by going to http://listserv.uconn.edu/ctgis-l.html

This list (CTGIS-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all CT GIS
Users.