Dear students,
An ISSS advisor is taking appointments with students at GBLC campus on Thursday, February 26th. In addition, we are giving a workshop on post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT). ISSS will visit GBLC campus for appointments twice a month for the rest of the semester. These appointments/workshops are only available to School of Business students who have key card access to the upper levels of the building. Other Hartford area students (Law School, Greater Hartford campus) can register for an appointment at the Law School on March 6th.

If you need an appointment with an ISSS advisor, you must register in advance online. Go to www.icworkshops.uconn.edu<http://www.icworkshops.uconn.edu> to sign up. Click on "View Available Events" and "Hartford GBLC International Advising.  Please register for your appointment by Wednesday at 4 pm if you need to meet with an advisor.

We will also give a workshop on post-completion OPT. Post completion OPT is a type of work/training authorization that allows students to stay in the U.S. after they graduate to work in their field of study. This session also covers the STEM extension of OPT and cap-gap extension of OPT. You must also register in advance for this workshop. To register go to www.icworkshops.uconn.edu<http://www.icworkshops.uconn.edu> > View Available Events > OPT Workshop (Post-Completion). This workshop is given once per semester. Please register for the workshop by Wednesday at 4 pm if you wish to attend.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you on Thursday!

Rae Barter
International Advisor
International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS)
Office of Global Affairs
University of Connecticut
2011 Hillside Road Unit 1083
Storrs, CT 06269