From Sarah Eagan, State Child Advocate

Kathryn Scheinberg Meyer, Esq.
2470 Fairfield Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06605
203-335-0719 (w)
860-944-4075 (c)

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of OCA,LSADMIN
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2015 4:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Children's Committee Public Hearing on Raised Bill 927 AAC Seclusion and Restraint in Schools - from Sarah Eagan, JD, Child Advocate

Colleagues,

Raised Bill No. 927 AAC SECLUSION AND RESTRAINT IN SCHOOLS is on the Children's Committee Public Hearing Agenda for Tuesday 2/24/2015.   The Office of the Child Advocate recently published SECLUSION AND RESTRAINT IN CT SCHOOLS: A CALL TO ACTION (See ct.gov/oca - "Notices" 'Report: Seclusion and Restraint in CT Schools: A Call to Action') which we hope will be helpful to you in both your contemplation of the issues and assisting us in advocating for critically needed change.  We are hoping that people will turn out in support of the need for continued attention and reforms to reduce reliance on restraint and seclusion for children.  We appreciate that the Children's Committee raised this important bill. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.  Thank you.

Sarah Eagan, JD
State Child Advocate

Total Control Panel

Login<https://asp.reflexion.net/login?domain=kidscounsel.org>