I'm assuming that you've already gone through some basic training
course, like the SQL Tutorial on W3Schools (http://www.w3schools.com/sql/).

Still, it is important to note that not all databases interpret SQL the
same way.  SQL that will work just fine against a Microsoft SQL Server
database often has issues when run against an Oracle database.

For more detailed training, I've found that Treehouse
(http://teamtreehouse.com/) offers a comprehensive array of foundational
courses.