A lot depends on the type of work the employer does. If they do a lot of
remote sensing or Photogrammetry then the ASPRS certifications will be
important (http://www.asprs.org/Certification-Program/blog.html). If they
are more into the Database and IT side then one of the many Microsoft
(https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/certification-overview.aspx) or
Oracle
(http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=3
9) or Comptia (http://certification.comptia.org/) certifications might be in
order. Of course the PMP certification you mentioned is a great one for
those in a or moving into a management position.

I personally have many certifications which include:

1.       GISP

2.       Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM)

3.       Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)

4.       CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+)

5.       Esri Desktop Associate

6.       Esri Enterprise System Design Associate

All of these have helped me at various times during my career.

 <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] |
www.egisassociates.com

678-710-9710 ext 21 | 866-304-3864 Fax

Esri Certified Desktop Associate | Esri Certified Enterprise System Design
Associate