Do you have an interest in how good geospatial data is developed and how best to review the accuracy of that data? Do you have an interest in working on major projects that involve mapping a major city or all the roads in a state? Want to build up your resume, further develop your desktop GIS skills, and get paid to do it? Can you listen to music at the same time while performing exotic data reviews?

Applied Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo) is looking to fill several paid intern positions to work in our East Hartford, CT office from ~Mar/Apr through ~Sept/Oct. The number of hours per week is flexible (25-40). We will work with the internship team to balance everyone’s needs and schedules.

What are you going to do?

Learn

you will learn exactly how high quality geospatial data is developed and maintained

you will learn how to review geospatial data

you will learn how projects are managed and executed properly

Experience

you’ll gain experience through as you learn

you’ll get massive amounts of hands-on desktop (Esri) experience

you’ll experience what it’s like to work in a high-production work environment

Do Work

review data for quality and completeness

consult with the lead data analyst

load data to client databases

provide input to project manager and lead data analyst

Have fun

you will be working with other interns, a project manager and a lead data analyst

you will be collaborating with everyone on a daily basis

You must have experience with:

ArcGIS desktop

geospatial data concepts/relationships

You should also:

play well with others

have passion for this type of work

thrive on working under tight deadlines

pay attention to details

have energy

like teamwork and collaboration

What are the interns that previously worked on this project doing now?

one is working for a tier-1 city on their bike share program.

one is working for an urban real estate management company making sure their

         data supports their business needs.

one is working on a PhD at MIT.

one is an entrepreneur working in the data analytics space.

one is a project manager with a consulting company.

If you start with us on this project, it’s important that you stay with us until the project is completed. Why? We’re investing in you and we don’t want any production gaps or skill loss!

How to Apply:

Submit a resume to [log in to unmask]

No calls and no recruiters. AppGeo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Applied Geographics, Inc. (www.appgeo.com) is an established, privately held Geospatial IT consulting firm with a national reputation.  We work on a wide variety of implementation planning, data development and application development projects for our customers in both the government and commercial sectors.

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not use, copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the information contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this message and material in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of Applied Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo). ------------------------------------------------------------------------- This list (CTGIS-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all CT GIS Users.

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove yourself by going to http://listserv.uconn.edu/ctgis-l.html