From: Rowan, Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 1:38 PM
Subject: [njgf-discuss] Geospatial Data Act
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Everyone:

I previously mentioned that a bill has been introduced in the US Senate (as S. 740) called the Geospatial Data Act. https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/senate-bill/740/all-info

It has been referred to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation. Hearings in the committee have not been scheduled yet, but hopefully will be soon. As it happens, Senator Booker is a member of that committee. So if anyone is inclined to send a letter of support for the bill, Senator Booker would be a good person to send it to.

NSGIC has been doing a lot of work on this at the national level. Attached is a draft of a flyer they prepared about what the bill does and how it would improve things.

-Andy

PLEASE NOTE my new e-mail address, below.

--

Andrew Rowan, PhD – Chief Geographic Information Officer, State of NJ -- [log in to unmask]nj.gov --  609-633-0276

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove yourself by going to http://listserv.uconn.edu/ctgis-l.html