Dear Regional Campus students,

This is to remind you of the ISSS advising dates at your campus during the rest of April. If you wish to meet with an ISSS advisor you must make an advance appointment by going to www.icworkshops.uconn.edu > View Available Events . Click on the campus where you wish to have an appointment.

Stamford: April 21st

Appointment times are currently available!

GBLC (Downtown Hartford): April 23rd       THESE APPOINTMENTS ARE ONLY FOR STUDENTS ENROLLED IN GBLC PROGRAMS

Appointments are currently full, but check the website occasionally to see if something opens up, or schedule an appointment for the next available date.

School of Law: April 29th         THESE APPOINTMENTS ARE ONLY FOR STUDENTS ENROLLED IN LAW, GREATER HARTFORD, or WATERBURY CAMPUSES

Appointments are currently available!

Important reminders:

-Travel Signature: If your appointment is to request a travel signature, you must bring ALL required documents for the request. Please see http://isss.uconn.edu/students/current-students/current-students-travel-requirements/ for details on what forms to bring.

-Going home: If you are finishing your program this spring, and will not stay in the U.S. to apply for post-completion OPT (F1 visa holders) or post-completion Academic Training (J-1 Student visa holders), then remember to submit a Departure Notice form to our office. The form can be found on our website, and you can drop it off with me while I am at your campus (no appointment necessary unless you need advising regarding your departure). http://isss.uconn.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/76/2014/10/Forms-ISSS-912-Departure-Notice-Filable.pdf

-Summer Internships: Remember that if you are doing an internship this summer you need to have practical training authorization (OPT or CPT) from ISSS and possibly from US Citizenship and Immigration Services. Please see our information on this and schedule an appointment with me if you have further questions: http://isss.uconn.edu/students/current-students/current-students-study-requirements/

Thank you!

Rae

Rae Barter
Assistant Director, International Student & Scholar Services

UConn Global Affairs

International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS)
2011 HILLSIDE ROAD, U-1083
STORRS, CT 06269-1083
PHONE: 860.486.3855
FAX: 860.486.5800