From: Northeast Arc Users Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stephen Keen
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2015 1:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: drones for aerial survey

I am organizing a 'Panel Discussion' on sUAS ( small Unmanned Aerial System - drone) Technology at Spring NEArc.  This will cover:

  *   ​UAS Regulations
  *   UAS Technology (platforms, sensors and ground stations)
  *   The use of UAS's in Research
  *   The practical commercial uses of UAV

The amount of press that drones are getting these days is quite remarkable for a new technology, but the safe implementation of the technology is not straightforward - so the discussion should be informative.

We have a panel made up of academic and commercial experts in addition to end-users.

http://northeastarc.org/​
Northeast Arc Users Group
NEARC was first established in 1986 to create a forum for users of ESRI’s GIS software to exchange information and to provide feedback to ESRI regarding software problems and requests for enhancements. The conference now has over 500 attendees, of increasing diversity, both in the broad spectrum of industries we represent, and in software tools we use. NEARC is an independant organization that was established as a non-profit in 1995.
Read more...<http://northeastarc.org/>

Stephen Keen

geoResource Technologies

GRT.Solutions • 617.583.3735