From: Gregory Andersen [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2015 12:20 PM
To: Davis, Kevin J - APHIS
Subject: Re: Point Feature Class Geometry Error

Hi David,

Have you tried recalculating the extent on the feature class? It's an option in one of the tabs in the feature class properties.

On Apr 10, 2015 12:14 PM, "Davis, Kevin J - APHIS" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello,

Sorry to ask a simple question but my googling skills seem to be failing me.

We maintain a feature class of about 10,000 points (ArcMap10.1) that seems to have an issue with the geometry. When a user clicks on ‘Zoom to layer’ or ‘Zoom to Selected’ the map zooms out to around 1:28,000,000. This happens regardless of how many points are selected. When I use the select tool around the area the points should be in, it selects all of them, so I don’t think it is simply an errant point.

I would like to know if other users have had this problem, and how I might go about fixing it.

Thank you

Kevin Davis

PPQ Techncian

Worcester Asian Longhorned Beetle Eradication Program

USDA-APHIS-PPQ-ALB

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove yourself by going to http://listserv.uconn.edu/nearc-l.html.